Time for a new newsgroup?

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Thu Jan 18 07:27:20 PST 2007

BCS wrote:
> Reply to Mark,
>
>> Does anyone else use the Web interface to read this newsgroup?
>>
>> The old one was ok but the PHP News Reader is pretty worthless. In
>> fact I hardly ever visit this group because of that.
>>
>> Maybe just create a new D newsgroup under google groups which would
>> have way more capabilties.
>>
>> comp.lang.d  would be nice but it seems that it is really hard
>> these days to start a usenet group [of course comp.lang.deadlongago is
>> still out there.]
>>

> As said before, the web client isn't the best way to access an NNTP
> newsgroups. I've been trying out JetBrains Omea Reader. (I kept having
> t-bird lose about 10K posts and then try to re-download them)

I'd like to find a newsreader that can save settings on the net
somewhere.  The one and *only* thing I like about forums is that it
remembers which articles I've read no matter where I am.  It would be
nice if I could tell my newsreader to save its state to some web space
via ssh.  Anyone know of a newsreader that can do that?

--bb