Woeful performance of D compared to C++

Kirk McDonald kirklin.mcdonald at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 13:21:08 PST 2007

Bill Lear wrote:
> Kirk McDonald <kirklin.mcdonald at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> rael at seesig.com wrote:
>>> Compiled with:
>>> % dmd -I/opt/dmd/src/phobos -O -inline monty.d -ofmonty_d
>> Perhaps the -release flag would make a difference?
>>
>> Also, that -I option should be redundant if you've set up your
>> dmd.conf file properly.
>
> Compiling with -release seems to make no appreciable difference.
>
> And, I have tried and tried to set up my dmd.conf file:
>
> % ls -l /etc/dmd.conf
> % cat /etc/dmd.conf
> [Environment]
>
> DFLAGS=-I/opt/dmd/src/phobos
>
> But it doesn't seem to work.  Do you see anything I've done wrong here?
> This, in fact, is driving me nuts...
>

> Bill
> --
> Bill Lear
> r * e * @ * o * y * a * c * m
> * a * l * z * p * r * . * o *

Here is the dmd.conf search path (as documented on
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/dcompiler.html):

1. current working directory
2. $HOME
3. the directory the dmd executable is in
4. /etc/dmd.conf

If you simply extracted the dmd archive into /opt, then it will find the
dmd.conf file alongside the binary before it finds the one at
/etc/dmd.conf. Either remove the one next to the binary or edit it.

--
Kirk McDonald
Pyd: Wrapping Python with D