Performance improvements for D / DMD compiler.

Rioshin an'Harthen rharth75 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 20 02:24:48 PST 2007

"Kyle Furlong" <kylefurlong at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah the great const debate. I have a feeling that this discussion will be a
> major part of D 2.0.

I wish we'd gone the const by default way before releasing 1.0, no matter
how much code would've been broken... It's so much harder now to get
something as good into the language, as it's more likely that production
code is being written with D, and we have to think of backwards
compatibility. That wasn't much of an issue before.