standard library vs standard interfaces

Lionello Lunesu lio at lunesu.remove.com
Mon Jan 22 00:23:52 PST 2007

Serg Kovrov wrote:
> So why not define well-thought, 'official' set of 'standard interfaces'
> (and standard implementation), as opposite to 'standard library'.

I always hoped that we could adopt some other standard library's
interface, be it .NET or python's modules, or Java, anything!

Learning a new standard library takes much more time than learning a new
language. Learning D's syntax is easy, but when you get to actually
writing programs, you'll have to dig in to the standard library and you
basically have to read it all to know what's where. This process takes a
huge amount of time.

L.