Web development status

kenny funisher at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 05:41:30 PST 2007

Hasan Aljudy wrote:

> Antti Holvikari wrote:

>>> I wish we'd have a framework similar to Django, however, come to think
>>> of it .. I'd rather use Django than wait for a D clone .. which I don't
>>> think can be more powerful since D doesn't have any dynamic reflection
>>> capabilities.
>>
>> Hmm, hope I'm not missing something here but why would you need
>> reflection for that?
>>

> Well, We don't need it to make a server in D, but if we want to make a
> powerful framework for web applications, I'd say reflection is a must.
>
> Maybe I don't understand Reflection very well, but there are things in
> Django that'd only be possible in a dynamic language, or a language with
>   good Reflection capabilities.

I've been doing web development in D for a long time. I use my own
framework to do it. If there are enough people interested, I could
possibly open source it in a few weeks (it needs a lot of cleaning)

it connects over fastcgi interface (I run lighttpd, but apache can be
used), or can use  shttpd's embedded for connections directly. It's
quite extensive -- it's parsed templates into bytecode, and quite a bit
of other stuff... It's definitely pretty solid, and it's the backend of
a social network that's being built.

if you guys are really interested, I'll write some samples up to get
feedback before opening it.