standard library vs standard interfaces

Serg Kovrov kovrov at no.spam
Mon Jan 22 16:25:52 PST 2007

kris wrote:
> FWIW Tango has a handful of interfaces as you describe (such as
> tango.io.model.Conduit -- akin to a stream). These were created to
> decouple implementation from reference, so that the lib could remain
> "loosely bound".

I'd like to point that I have used I/O interface just as example. I see
it to be comprehended hierarchy, that covers every possible generic, and
popular domain-specific contracts.

And second, the very idea of having 'standard interfaces' is to have
them not just lose-coupled to particular library, but completely
independent. Ideally as part of official distribution, but separated
from standard library.

--
serg.