const methods()

Miles _______ at _______.____
Tue Jan 23 16:22:56 PST 2007

Mike wrote:
> So in my
> opinion, the way C++ does const objects is perfect. Cant understand why its not in D.

Me neither.

I read this newsgroup for some years, and have never understood why D
doesn't have const members, other than "Walter doesn't like them".

There is a teaching that says that we should not try to fix what is not
broken. So, IMO, while nobody manages to figure out what is broken in
C++'s const, we should just stick with it. It works exactly how it is
intended to, and does a good job. Just adopt it.