Functional Muti-threading

Kevin Bealer kevinbealer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 23:12:21 PST 2007

I like this idea, but I think hand tuning and design will be necessary
for quite a while.  For a big application, it might be enough to run
with "-profile", then find the most expensive dozen or so functions and
try to split those up.

On the other hand, the more CPUs there are in the box that lands on
someone's desktop, the more important it will be to have apps that can
use a dozen hardware threads.

(I kind of wish I had a big CPU intensive "real world" app written in D
to play with though, so that I could test my theories about this stuff
in a more realistic setting.)

Kevin