nedmalloc

Craig Black cblack at ara.com
Thu Jan 25 08:27:43 PST 2007

"janderson" <askme at me.com> wrote in message
news:ep83d9$2h25$2 at digitaldaemon.com...
> Craig Black wrote:
>> Thanks.  I missed your post.  That's definitely the easier way to fix it.
>> I wonder if we could get nedmalloc into a standard library somehow?  I
>> think the license would allow it.
>>
>> -Craig
>>

> That would be awesome.  Does the GC get any advantage from Ned-malloc?
>
> -Joel

No GC would not be faster. Only manual allocation (new/delete).  However,
since Walter is working on the GC, I think it will eventually have
competitive performance.  That being the case, I doubt the GC will ever come
close to nedmalloc's performance.  Thus, most common things could be done
with GC, but stuff that is very performance critical could be done with
nedmalloc.

-Craig