4-character literal

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Fri Jan 26 00:28:44 PST 2007

Rick Mann wrote:

> Any suggestions that don't involve significant re-writing of the 4-character literals? Thanks!

Nope,
I've rewritten mine as hex. At least it doesn't involve template voodoo.

i.e. the filter that does the initial C to D translation also converts
the 4-char constants to 32-bit constants. Since D is not source code
compatible anyway, one might as well convert it once and for all IMHO.

Ditto goes for those pesky assert macros strewn out all over the place*.

Yes I am talking to you, /usr/include/AssertMacros.h. "2002's finest"
(see "Living In an Exceptional World by Sean Parent" for the details:
http://developer.apple.com/dev/techsupport/develop/issue11toc.shtml)

Reinventing the preprocessor using templates is not my own favorite...
--anders

* If you see "require_noerr", that's the ONERRORGOTO I'm talking about.
   I just expanded it to the macro definition rather than leaving it in.