4-character literal

Joel C. Salomon JoelCSalomon at Gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 09:39:35 PST 2007

Rick Mann wrote:
> Sadly, nothing's really as nice as just saying 'abcd'. What would it take to get multi-character literals added to the language?

In the process of learning to scan C (for a compiler theory class), I
first heard about those.  Seems not-too-useful.  If you want a number,
input the number; if you want a Unicode character, enter L'那' (or
whatever the D equivalent is).  Entering numbers in base 256 is asking
for trouble, especially with UTF-8 source.

--Joel