Apache Module with D

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at robertmuench.de
Sat Jan 27 01:24:38 PST 2007

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 20:34:52 +0100, Pragma
<ericanderton at yahoo.removeme.com> wrote:

> I tried a few years ago (using DMD 0.97 I think), and didn't get
> very far.  The major stumbling block was figuring out how to mimic
> Apache's endless use for macros in the C version of their dev kit.

Hi, yes that was my impression as well. I haven't seen code that uses
macros in such an intense way. And, IMO this code is horrible...

> But I'm not at all saying that you're stuck with C - it's just that
> you won't be able to easily get away from it completely.  If I had
> to try this again, I'd definitely go with making a generic Apache
> module in C that is more easily used by D as a .lib.

What would such a generic module provide? Just hooks or some standard
function implementations?

> That said, I know that there are a few decent tutorials out there to
> write Apache1 and Apache2 modules floating around out there for C.

Do you have any reference at hand? I just want to cross-check with
what I have found.

> Everything else I've ever read on the topic, came straight out of
> the source code comments, and a few posts scattered around on Usenet.

Ok, I haven't checked Usenet yet.

Thanks for the feedback. Robert