Problems with array handles

Rick Mann rmann-d-lang at latencyzero.com
Sat Jan 27 12:32:52 PST 2007

I'm having some issues dealing with array handles. For example, if I write this:

	static EventTypeSpec[1] events =
	[
		{ EventClass.kEventClassWindow, kEventWindowBoundsChanged }
	];
	writefln("events: 0x%x", events);

And execute the code, I get a Bus Error down inside writefln().

According to the language specification here (http://www.digitalmars.com/d/arrays.html), that seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to do, as well as the next thing, below.

If I write this:

	static EventTypeSpec[1] events =
	[
		{ EventClass.kEventClassWindow, kEventWindowBoundsChanged }
	];
	EventTypeSpec* p = events;     //  <--- error here
	writefln("events: 0x%x", p);

I get a compile error on the line marked above:

src/test/d/darbon/tests/GrabBag.d:74: Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (events) of type EventTypeSpec [1] to EventTypeSpec *

This is using GDC based on DMD 1.00.

Sorry for all the questions, but I keep stumbling over things that I wouldn't expect to give me trouble.