Macros: a visual aid.

Chris Nicholson-Sauls ibisbasenji at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 11:06:52 PDT 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> Chris Nicholson-Sauls wrote:
>> Now that stands out!  So Walter, please consider some sort of
>> decoration (such as the '@') for macro invocations.  I think it may
>> save some future headaches, /and/ give the parser something to latch
>> on to.
>
> Part of the intent of macros is to make them look just like functions!
> (There also isn't any parsing issue, like there is for template
> invocations.)

I'll take your word for it that there's no parser issue.  You would
know, after all.  But... while I'm clearly an odd stand-out minority, I
really just feel uncomfortable with macros as function look-alikes.  I
guess i'll just have to adopt some naming scheme to suffice... but that
leaves me powerless if using a library's macros.

Alas.

-- Chris Nicholson-Sauls