Should DDoc list all publics by default?

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 16:34:24 PDT 2007

"Lutger" <lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:f6lnbn$11bv$1 at digitalmars.com...
<snip>
> But I think it should not be done by default, instead a switch for this
> should be given. The main reason is that as you document your api for
> others, you want control over what not to include (even if they are public
> methods). That kind of control should be the default, so that when others
> generate documentation from your source they get it how you intended it to
> be.

Doesn't quite follow.  Not doing anything doesn't in itself constitute
exercising control.

By not documenting something, it strikes me as a more likely assumption that
the coder hasn't got round to documenting it yet, rather than wants it to be
hidden.

On this basis, there should be an explicit comment notation to tell DDoc not
to document something.

Stewart.