GPUs and Array Operations

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 18:18:38 PDT 2007

Craig Black wrote:
> Another idea.  What if this could be done using the recently added mixin
> feature?  Then you could use a shading language directly rather than
> trying to convert D code to a shading language.  I've never used mixins,
> so I can't even think of how the syntax would look.  Is this a practical
> idea?
>
> -Craig

A solution like Blade* should be possible, especially when D gets some
macro syntactic sugar, but somewhat involved probably. Converting D to a
shading language does seem what you want for more general purpose
computation. Nvidia has made a compiler specifically to do this in C,
called Cuda.

* http://www.dsource.org/projects/mathextra/browser/trunk/blade