problem with compling

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Thu Jul 12 09:52:26 PDT 2007

Reply to Dnoob,

> I've wrote program in D which outputs "Hello D!", I saved it as
> hello.d however, when I try to compile it using dmd, it outputs like
> this.
>
> C:\dten>dmd hello.d object.d: module object cannot read file
> 'object.d'
>
> Someone please help me! :(

The short answer is to dump the whole dmd.zip at the c:\ root directory (or
whatever drive you want) then put c:\dmd\bin in PATH. Also it sometimes helps
to do the same with the dmc distribution and add c:\dm\bin to PATH. Just
dump it on top of the first file and nothing important gets over written.

This can be done in other directories but I have allows had trouble getting
things to work right.