Should DDoc list all publics by default?

Charles D Hixson charleshixsn at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 12 14:03:47 PDT 2007

Chris Miller wrote:
> I would very much want this. This way you can also see what you forgot
> to make non-public; you don't want people to depend on stuff you
> intended on being internal (which seems to happen quite often from Phobos).
>
> Also, I'd like a way to specify "don't include in documentation" from
> the source. deprecated could be one way, and/or something like ///
> ddoc-exclude
Not deprecated.  That means something specific and else.
///exclude
seems like a reasonable choice, or even
///--
Though that would chance conflicting with some people's lines
of separation.  Perhaps
///No
would be better.  And if you wanted "No" as your documentation
you could do
/// No

It would be a bit error prone, but short is important, and it
shouldn't cause a problem very often.  (And then not a serious
one.)  Still, perhaps
///NoPR
would be better.  Mnemonic, still fairly short.  Less chance
for conflict.