Two standard libraries?

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Sat Jul 14 10:35:16 PDT 2007

TomD Wrote:

> Jason House Wrote:
>
> > Actually, I'm just about to switch from phobos to tango.  I initially
> > went with phobos because it's what comes with D and was simpler for both
> > me and anyone who uses my program...
> >
> > I didn't have any issues for 2 months, then I started hitting issues
> > with little or no way to get help.  I eventually traced one of my issues
> > to a low numbered issue in the issue database that had never gotten
> > fixed.  I saw Walter nearly overloaded with D 2.0, but got rapid
> > problems (bit or small) with Phobos have been fixed already in Tango...
> > Or at least look like someone took a stab at it.  When you add in that
> > the Tango team will be responsive to problems discovered and work to
> > resolve issues, I'm sold!
> I totally second that complaint. It is a pitty that even if you send in  tested, working
> patches, they do not get incorporated. Still, I prefer Phobos because it looks much leaner, and has a better decumentation.
>
> Ciao
> Tom

Tom,

Then let's persist with this bitching until we get it sorted.  Someone else in the thread has already noted that Walter has too much on his back already.  Somehow we need to get these things unified, so it's safe to write a library.  My version of Phobos is patched, as I suspect are many, but as you say there's no way of checking these changes in.

Walter, you are eventually going to have to delegate this somewhere!

Steve