D programmer wanted

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Jul 16 01:19:47 PDT 2007

VC wrote:

> Separetly, D should come w/ wxD (by far best gui for d and cross platform) and mango (for server side).

wxD is way too "heavy" to be included in say the DMD download,
but there is nothing wrong with creating a "batteries included"
distribution all of e.g. GDC, GDB, wxWidgets and Code::Blocks ?
(and probably a few of the regular D bindings like GL and SDL)

Look for packages in time for the conference (sometime next month).
http://gdcwin.sf.net  http://gdcgnu.sf.net  http://gdcmac.sf.net
Quietly hoping that the new GDC 0.24 will be released by then...
Curious: How much would you pay for such a package ? $40 ? $0 ?

> I am thinking about going to the conference....

I'm not going, but plan on following it from a distance / online.

My presentation would be "Oldskool Development with C and D" :-)

--anders