D and Lisp

Denton Cockburn diboss at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 16 10:26:20 PDT 2007

Hey guys,

I'm in University and am about to start my Ph.D.
I know Lisp, and I've been on the D newsgroup for a few months following
its growth. For ones that know Lisp, what can you say is the experience
programming in D compared to programming in Lisp?  What are some of the
frustrations of D in comparison? Some of the joys?  What do you most miss
from Lisp that you wish D had?

I'm trying to decide which to use for my thesis work.
Should I delve fully into D, or run with Lisp?
What would you use to convince a Lisper to try D?

Hope that wasn't too many questions.