The Next Mainstream Programming Language: A Game Developer'sPerspective:: Redux

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Tue Jul 17 09:38:32 PDT 2007

Reply to Pragma,

> There are moments where I wish I could think *like* Rain Man,
> especially when it comes to concurrency.

[...]
> If nothing else, it illustrates that there's something
> extraordinary about such abilities that may be permanently
> out-of-reach for normal people, despite the fact that some people are
> just born that way.

I have wondered if this is something like incomputableity with regards to
a Turing machine. Might the normal brain be like a Turing machine and the
autistic brain be something like a brain not limited in the same way? Given
that some people can, for instance, identify large primes in near constant
time, I'd say this is a distinct possibility.

At risk of sounding politically incorrect; does anyone known of an autistic
person who might be interested in learning programming?