Humble request at Walter: Could you _please_ fix phobos already?

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Wed Jul 18 18:49:37 PDT 2007

Brad Roberts wrote:
> Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
>> "acarion" <thrust at trust.com> wrote in message
>> news:f7m8ui$dfk$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>> Then make a patch and upload to bugzilla.
>>> Altough I have already done that, and the patch went completely
>>> ignored. Also, I found critical bug in the GC (back on DMD1.10, I
>>> think) that I posted and went unheard too.
>>
>> Most phobos patches and submissions are ignored.
>
> Guys, please don't equate 'not responded to' or 'not yet fixed' with
> 'ignored'.  It's a fallacy.

Ok ...
Most phobos patches and submissions are examined with a fine-toothed
comb and then anguished over in perpetuity by Walter.

I don't think it matters much to the submitter whether it was "ignored"
or "read and examined carefully without any follow-up action".  The two
look indistinguishable to the submitter.

--bb