D 2.003 teaser

Max Samukha samukha at voliacable.com.removethis
Thu Jul 19 23:23:37 PDT 2007

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:16:09 -0700, Brad Roberts
<braddr at puremagic.com> wrote:

>Xinok wrote:
>> Witold Baryluk wrote:

>>> Changlog headers links to concrete versions:
>>> ie. http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.003.zip
>>>
>>> But sometimes changlog is given befor release :)
>>>
>> I was also wondering what's with the 2.003 change log. It's been there
>> since July 1, but the download link never worked.
>
>While working on the next version, Walter tends to update the change log
>as he goes.  Occasionally between releases a doc update needs to happen
>to the website.  When that happens, the in-progress change log gets
>updated along with everything else.  I dunno that that's the direct
>cause here, but if I was a betting man...
>
>Later,
>Brad

Thanks for the explanation. The problem with such premature changelog
updates is that they may make people think: "My favorite bug is
fixed/feature added. Within a short time the zip will be uploaded and
I'll be able to move on". And then nothing happens for a long time. A
"Planned for D 2.003" note instead of the release date would be great.