Partial class implementation

janderson askme at me.com
Fri Jul 20 09:32:17 PDT 2007

Robert Fraser wrote:
>> Its also a common interview question.
>
> So am I supposed to say "OO all the way!" or "free functions need love, too"?

It depends where your interviewing, the style the company uses.  They
simply want to know how well you'll work the the teams style.

Most C++ companies will want you to explain when free-functions are
useful and when methods are more useful.  To show that you understand
how to maximize their benefits and design strongly typed code. "OO all
the way!" would be a big mark (at the least) against getting a more
senior position.