using C with D

Micah Heyer Hacim.H at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 17:26:30 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,
  Lately I've been taking another look at D and I've been thinking about
using it instead of c++,but the single most thing holding me back is the
ability to use C libraries with out having to recreate the headers.I
understand why this feature was left out of D,but with out the ability
to easily use C libraries I just have to stick with C++.To me one of the
  strengths of C++ and probably one of the reasons it is in use as much
as it is to day is that it is backwards compatible with C.
So here is what I'm wondering: would it be possible, through
modification of gcc,to have the compiler export a D style symbol table
for importing into D projects?Is this a ridiculous idea or would it
actully be feasible?

-micah