Strange cast error in compile-time function

Christian Kamm kamm.incasoftware at shift-at-left-and-remove-this.de
Tue Jul 24 13:32:31 PDT 2007

> Sad thing is, when running it over the full UnicodeData.txt, the thing
> dives deep into swap and even gets killed for excessive memory usage. XD
>
> For now, I suppose I can leave the code intact for whenever the compiler
> improves.

I've had to do the same thing with my code generation project,
unfortunately. The issue seems to be that each write to an array will
reallocate all of its contents while the old data is never removed.

Here's the post about it:
http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D.bugs&article_id=11471

I never got around to writing a bug report though...

Regards,
Christian