Simple tutorial

Daniel White twinbee41 at skytopia.com
Wed Jul 25 08:56:48 PDT 2007

I am new to D, but would sing its praises to the hilt if I eventually used it over C/C++.

To start, I would like to make a simple window where I can load an image (using the standard Windows load window), and where I can use a simple slider at the top to change the brightness of the loaded image. (the image would update on the fly as I altered the slider) Really simple, but uses GFX, and GUI components. Bear in mind that I want to manually change the pixel values myself (we can store all 24 bit pixels in a x*y*c array), and I want them updated and lightning speed.

I want the best/fastest extensions that will allow me to make this program using D. Can anyone recommend which ones to use, and also if there's already a tutorial anywhere which will allow me to make something similar from absolute scratch. How would such a setup compare to the fastest way to do it in C?

I like to use a basic text editor for coding, rather than a bloated developer's enviroment.