Simple tutorial

Tomas Lindquist Olsen tomas at famolsen.dk
Thu Jul 26 09:30:26 PDT 2007

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 10:52:07 -0400, Daniel White wrote:

> Also, what would you recommend for the graphics? Is SDL a good choice?
> Bear in mind I want blazing fast pixel access/display.

SDL is not a good choice as you can't integrate it with DFL. Also you
cannot have "blazing fast" pixel access and display at the same time.

Either you have the pixels in system memory and the access/manipulation is
pretty fast, or you have them in video memory where blitting is really
fast. You can't have both as far as I know.

Of course I could be wrong, if so then I'd be very interested in knowing
about it!

-Tomas