GNU Scientific Library in D

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com.au
Fri Jul 27 11:28:37 PDT 2007

Witold Baryluk wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>
>> Lars Kyllingstad wrote:
>>> I would like to use the GNU Scientific Library, which is written in C, in
>>> D. While converting the header files to D modules, however I ran in to
>>> the following problem. In gsl_math.h, the following (crucially important)
>>> struct is defined:
>> When you get it done, can you contribute it to Dsource? That way,
>> everyone can use it!
>
> I was using gsl in D with out problems. This is very good C library.
>
> BTW. I started some time ago similar library for D, designed from scratch.
>
> http://tsk.ch.uj.edu.pl/wiki/onp
>
> If anyone is interested in helping me in development, I will be happy :)

It's hard to evaluate without knowledge of Polish, but the breadth of work there
  is very impressive. What license are you using?

BTW, it seems to me that the GSL, at least originally, was just a clone of
Numerical Recipes, and the code I've seen reproduces the NR bugs. There is scope
for a lot of improvement, I think.