Compiling the frontend (I know it's not supposed to compile as-is but...)

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Jul 27 15:27:15 PDT 2007

Not sure if I'm posting this to the right newsgroup...

I'm trying to compile the D frontend with DMC and I'm running into a problem before getting to the backend stubs I need to write.  I'm using the following windows batch file to build (I'll convert to something like make or a-a-p later):

dmc -cpp idgen.c
idgen
dmc -cpp impcnvgen.c
impcnvgen
dmc -cpp access.c array.c attrib.c bit.c cast.c class.c cond.c constfold.c dchar.c declaration.c delegatize.c doc.c dsymbol.c dump.c entity.c enum.c expression.c func.c gnuc.c hdrgen.c html.c id.c identifier.c impcnvtab.c import.c inifile.c init.c inline.c interpret.c lexer.c link.c lstring.c macro.c mangle.c mars.c mem.c module.c mtype.c opover.c optimize.c parse.c root.c scope.c statement.c staticassert.c stringtable.c struct.c template.c tocsym.c todt.c toir.c toobj.c typinf.c unialpha.c utf.c version.c

The idgen and impcnvgen stuff is working fine, but on the last line I'm getting this result:

    virtual void toCBuffer(OutBuffer *buf, HdrGenState *hgs) = 0;
                                                     ^
init.h(41) : Error: ')' expected
    void toCBuffer(OutBuffer *buf, HdrGenState *hgs);
                                             ^
init.h(61) : Error: ')' expected
    void toCBuffer(OutBuffer *buf, HdrGenState *hgs);
                                             ^
init.h(81) : Error: ')' expected
    void toCBuffer(OutBuffer *buf, HdrGenState *hgs);
                                             ^
init.h(101) : Error: ')' expected
    void toCBuffer(OutBuffer *buf, HdrGenState *hgs);
                                             ^
init.h(118) : Error: ')' expected
Fatal error: too many errors
access.c:
array.c:
attrib.c:
--- errorlevel 1

If you're not reading this with a monospace font, the carets are all pointing to the last character in "HdrGenState". At this point I'm somewhat lost as to what I'm doing wrong.