GNU Scientific Library in D

TomD tdemmer.web at nospam.de
Fri Jul 27 22:21:02 PDT 2007

Don Clugston Wrote:
[...]
> BTW, it seems to me that the GSL, at least originally, was just a clone of
> Numerical Recipes, and the code I've seen reproduces the NR bugs. There is scope
> for a lot of improvement, I think.
GSL was always written in C, exploiting higher level features of a language, whereas
the Recipes were originally written in FORTRAN, and even the C transcript (I am avoiding
the word "port" here on purpose) is ugly. It is a clone in the sense that it gives tools for
solving a similar set of problems. One target actually was to be as complete as the recipes, which it does not do, but it had some other additions that the Recipes lack.  Out of curiosity,
which bugs are in the current version?

Ciao
Tom