Checking if a string is null

Manfred Nowak svv1999 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 29 07:08:48 PDT 2007

Bruno Medeiros wrote

> But it _also implies_ there is one element which
> is less (or more) than all the others, so there is a "minimal
> element".

I do not see this implication, although it might be true. All I asked
was: "where is a proof" of this, because I do not believe it? If it is
implied, then it should be very easy to prove, so please prove it.

> which is how often the function/relation has a false value

For identity relations, that number is identical to the number of
equivalence classes taken to the power of two.

> ie. they have the same identity

Now you are writing that Java's "equal" is D's "identity", but you
proposed Java's definition of "equal" to be usuable for D's "opEqual".
I see a contradiction in this.

-manfred