Debugging heap corruption

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 21:41:42 PDT 2007

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 05:23:18 +0300, Vladimir Panteleev <thecybershadow at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am currently running my program under Valgrind, waiting for some results, hoping for the best. Will post updates when will have some progress :)

As I expected - after two few-hour runs, the program hung once and segfaulted the other. In the second case, the segfault happened when the GC stumbled on an invalid pointer, which was there, no doubt, due to heap corruption. I think I'll give modding Phobos's GC another shot (and perhaps take a look at the warnings Valgrind spits out about the GC referencing uninitialized memory).

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                          mailto:thecybershadow at gmail.com