Is D open for different code conventions?

renoX renosky at free.fr
Mon Jul 30 03:46:47 PDT 2007

eao197 Wrote:
> I just want to ask D's community: it is appropriate if some projects will
> use different code convention?

Maybe there should be a vote?
I don't like at all CamelCase either..

[cut]
> I think it would be good if there will be possibility to use different
> code convention in D. For example, like Ruby's: CamelCase for class names
> and lower_case for method names, or like C++ ACE's: Camel_Case for classes
> and lower_case for methods.

Restricting CamelCase to class name is a good compromise, I agree.

That said even for class name/typename, there is some weird 'double standard': I doubt that you'll find many people who want to switch from 'int' to 'Int'..

renoX