Checking if a string is null

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Mon Jul 30 16:16:45 PDT 2007

Manfred Nowak wrote:
> Bruno Medeiros wrote
>
>> I'm frankly surprised you doubt it, but I have to say that's your
>> problem.
>
> Such statements stood at the beginning of all science. If somebody
> would say, "the world is a disk, made by Bruno Medeiros" and another
> one would say that he does not believe in this statement, your sentence
> above would fit into that situation quite nicely.
>
> -manfred

My opinion (in this matter) is not of a single individual. It is the
same opinion as that of those who wrote the Java spec, and those who
read it. It is pretty much an established fact.
If you think this fact is false, and everyone else is wrong, well...,
yes it has happened before in science, but the burden of proof is on
you. It's not like Galileo made his point by requiring the Church to
prove the Earth was the center of the universe...

My interest in this discussion is nearing the end.

--
Bruno Medeiros - MSc in CS/E student