Two standard libraries?

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 00:15:23 PDT 2007

renoX wrote:
> I don't think that %08x{X} is ambiguous (and it has the advantage that it looks very much like printf formatter which is a plus in a language which is the successor of C/C++): anything between % and { is the 'formatter', anything inside {..} is the expression to be formatted.
>
> Could you explain why you think it's ambiguous?
>
> Regards,
> renoX

No, you're right; it's not ambiguous.  I suppose I just don't like that
the format options aren't explicitly delimited by anything; the parser I
wrote for mine is a bit stricter.

The other problem is that, as you said, it looks like a printf string.
My personal stance is that unless printf syntax is actually valid, it
shouldn't look like it is.

I suppose it all boils down to taste in the end; viva-la-dollar! :)

	-- Daniel