Problems with GC, trees and array concatenation

Oskar Linde oskar.lindeREM at OVEgmail.com
Fri Jun 1 11:14:17 PDT 2007

BCS skrev:
> Reply to Oskar,
>

>> I have no idea why the Individual->real substitution above would make
>> any difference, if not by pure chance.
>>

> Would not real[] allocations be tagged as "does not contain pointers"?

Yes, but I don't see how that would make any difference. There will, as
far as I can tell, never be any dangling pointers or otherwise spurious
pointers generated by the Individual class, unless the array
concatenation code somehow generates non-zero-initialized data.

/Oskar