Hello World -- 112K???

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Fri Jun 1 15:39:36 PDT 2007

gedumer wrote:
> Why are exe's so large with D? 112K for Hello World seems a bit high. I compiled it with no debug info and -O optimization.

TypeInfo, largely.  Executable size has come up a few times in the past.
  Read the archives for posts by "kris" to track them down, both here
and in either D.bugs or D.announce (I can't remember where the other
threads were located).  If it helps, "hello.exe" used to be around 70k.
  The jump above 100k occurred within the past six months.

Sean