BCD and OpenSSL

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Sun Jun 3 16:38:07 PDT 2007

Gregor Richards wrote:
> Regan Heath wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I decided to have another crack at BCD and the openssl headers.  I
>> found a windows bcdgen binary package, mentioned in the dsource
>> forums, but am having a little trouble using it.
>>
>> So far I have a copy of the openssl headers in a directory:
>>
>> G:\Src\openssl\h\openssl
>>
>> and plan to port them to D files in:
>>
>> G:\Src\openssl\d\
>>
>> so, I fire up bcdgen like so:
>>
>> G:\Src\openssl\h>bcdgen openssl\ssl.h openssl -b -C
>> openssl/ssl.h:173:27: openssl/e_os2.h: No such file or directory
>> openssl/ssl.h:176:26: openssl/comp.h: No such file or directory
>> openssl/ssl.h:179:25: openssl/bio.h: No such file or directory
>> openssl/ssl.h:183:26: openssl/x509.h: No such file or directory
>> openssl/ssl.h:185:28: openssl/crypto.h: No such file or directory
>> openssl/ssl.h:186:27: openssl/lhash.h: No such file or directory
>> openssl/ssl.h:187:28: openssl/buffer.h: No such file or directory
>> openssl/ssl.h:189:25: openssl/pem.h: No such file or directory
>> openssl/ssl.h:191:26: openssl/kssl.h: No such file or directory
>> openssl/ssl.h:192:31: openssl/safestack.h: No such file or directory
>> openssl/ssl.h:193:30: openssl/symhacks.h: No such file or directory
>> openssl/ssl.h:982:26: openssl/ssl2.h: No such file or directory
>> openssl/ssl.h:983:26: openssl/ssl3.h: No such file or directory
>> openssl/ssl.h:984:71: openssl/tls1.h: No such file or directory
>> openssl/ssl.h:985:46: openssl/dtls1.h: No such file or directory
>> openssl/ssl.h:986:27: openssl/ssl23.h: No such file or directory
>>
>> I tried various permutations of the -I option but I dont think it
>> applies here as I am converting C headers, not C++.
>> Anyone have a suggestion?  bcdgen seems to need an option for
>> specifying import paths or something.
>>
>> Hopefully I am not being too dense, any help is appreciated.
>>
>> Regan Heath
>
> (WTF? People use BCD?)
>
> You need to put the include path in CFLAGS for C, or CXXFLAGS for C++.
> That is: set CFLAGS=-I<your_favorite_path>
>
> The -I flag to bcd.gen should be -Iopenssl/ (it's the path prepended to
> the header names in #include lines)
>
> Yeah, I know, bcd.gen isn't well documented ... if people actually use
> it I may have to get back around to developing it :P

I was looking into using it to wrap SuperLU after looking at SuperLU's
headers and realizing that the API was going to take a lot of work to
wrap by hand.  However I only managed to get most of the way through
installing BCD's prerequisites so far.  But I'll probably get back to it
before too long.

--bb