Do we need a time-out in D evolution?

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 14:24:36 PDT 2007

BCS wrote:
> Reply to Clay,
>> D 1.0 is locked, the features you are talking about are D 2.0
>> features.
>>

> we're all so used to using beta around here that that has almost no meaning

Well yes but should it not have meaning? D certainly has to come to a
point somewhere in time where a stable release is made, and that has to
be something more than what happened with version 1.0. Where that point
in time is only Walter can tell, but it's clear some people feel
stability is needed for further adoption and tackling large projects.

Perhaps it is time to revisit what 'version 1.0' is about for the coming
split in maintenance and 2.0 branches, call it 1.5? It seems a good
place in time. On the other hand, if pervasive changes are made indeed
then it may not be such a good idea after all.