Object.factory

Arlen arlen.albert at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 11:55:49 PDT 2007

There was the 'factory' static method introduced in D some time ago. I haven't been succeeding in creating a single instance of any of my classes. The result of the function call is always 'null'.

What's going on?

An example code:

import std.stdio;

alias char[] string;

int main(string[] args)
{
	MyClass a = cast(MyClass) Object.factory("MyClass");

	if(a !is null)
	{
		a.name = "Arlen";
		a.family_name = "Keshabyan";

		writefln(a.name ~ " " ~ a.family_name);
	}
	else
		writefln("cannot create the MyClass class instance!");
}

class MyClass
{
private:

    string m_name;
    string m_family_name;

public:

    this()
    {
    	m_name = "";
    	m_family_name = "";
    }

    string name(){return m_name;}
    void name(string value){m_name = value;}

    string family_name(){return m_family_name;}
    void family_name(string value){m_family_name = value;}