F# = D + reflection

Babele Dunnit babele.dunnit at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 01:10:49 PDT 2007

Hi Hasan,

>Hasan Aljudy Wrote:
> A Link to a new language from Microsoft!

we needed it! :)

> It seems like it's D with Reflection and a good library!

from the "getting started":

-------
let res = (if x = 23 then "correct" else "incorrect")
-------

uh? "let"?? It was since Sinclair BASIC I dont see a "let" instruction. And uses the same operator ("=") for assignment and test, which could be nice, but means the parser will be more complex than needed..

and then... guess what? conditional compilation! #ifdef!!

I stop here. thumbs down. No way. D is not another planet, is another GALAXY. And if you need something like that, go Python.

Bab.