Creating a dynamic library on Linux with DMD

Sun Jun 10 17:20:32 PDT 2007

Frank Benoit wrote:
 > With "I want to export only "extern(C)" functions." i meant "i do only
 > care about the C functions, the application loading the lib does not
 > load other than extern(C) functions". Is your suggesting solving the
 > unresolved symbols or did you get me wrong and your suggestion is hiding
 > the other functions?

AFAIK, what I wrote /should/ make it "impossible" to link to hidden
functions from executables or other shared object files, as well as
disabling dlsym() access to them.
Other functions might still be present in the library (especially those
called by your exported functions).
The .so would probably still contain some unresolved symbols, especially
of symbols defined in the standard C library.

If I misunderstood something or was unclear then I'm sorry. Like I
mentioned in my other post, it's kinda late over here (after 2 AM).