Poll: Would you like to try const-by-default or not?

Myron Alexander someone at somewhere.com
Mon Jun 11 13:25:08 PDT 2007

My coding style screams 'const by default' but Walter raises some
interesting points so I just have to say that I don't know.

Walter, I do feel it is worth trying const by default in a build and
seeing how existing code is affected by it. I think that the only way to
be sure is to experiment and base the final decision on the results.
This will only work if as many people as possible stress the build,
looking for conceptual weak points and then coming together with the
results.

Regards,

Myron.