Poll: Would you like to try const-by-default or not?

Craig Black cblack at ara.com
Tue Jun 12 07:23:01 PDT 2007

I prefer const-by-default for function parameters.  More often than not,
parameters should be const, so it makes sense to make them const by default.

I think the argument against const by default is that it is not orthogonal
because function parameters would require a different syntax than other
variable declarations.  I disagree with that argument because I think
function parameters are different enough from other kinds of variable
declarations to justify a different syntax.

-Craig