SHORT Re: Suggestion: "fix" assert(obj)

Jascha Wetzel firstname at mainia.de
Sat Jun 16 18:57:46 PDT 2007

Tom S wrote:
> Ok, point. Thanks! :) But now a tougher question.. What happens if the
> crash occurs inside a dynamically (DDL) loaded module? Can I somehow
> tell the debugger where to look for symbols? Right now I'm using the
> famous Phobos hack for backtraces. I modified it so it provides an
> interface for feeding new symbols, e.g. from DDLs.

generally the debugger loads symbols from DLL's when they are loaded
into the process' address space.
i don't know enough about DDL's loading mechanism, but i'm sure it can
be handled similarly. besides that, as far as Ddbg is concerned, it
doesn't support loading debug symbols from DLL's, yet, but that'll change...