Are the _d_arrayappend functions, thread-safe?

Jeff Davey jeffd at gwava.com
Mon Jun 18 14:43:46 PDT 2007

Sean Kelly Wrote:

> Looking at the code, it should be fine.  I don't suppose you're trying
> to append to a single array from >1 thread simultaneously?

Nope.

I was trying to track down possible memory corruption with valgrind.. but apparently valgrind doesn't deal with pausing the threads for the gc to go off (Gives "Unrecognized instruction 0x66 0x60 0xB9 0x20").

I had a look at the array append stuff myself, it looks like things are getting locked up properly, but I don't have enough knowledge to track this down.

I guess I'll assume that there isn't any problems with std.string.format, and that I have some sort of memory error somewhere.