Huh, invariant() {...} ?

Derek Parnell derek at nomail.afraid.org
Mon Jun 18 19:06:08 PDT 2007

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 11:25:32 -0700, Walter Bright wrote:

> Kristian Kilpi wrote:
>>
>> This is a small detail, but I found myself wondering why the class
>> invariant declarations have now parenthesis (in 2.0, that is).
>
> It was to remove syntactical ambiguities.

 ... at the cost of understanding for humans ...

The "overloaded" keyword problem with D is just getting worse and worse.

I know you are a compiler writer and doing such things as you are makes it
easier for the compiler, but the continually overloading of keywords with
different (but similar) meanings in D is bordering on the illegible. What
you are doing, inadvertently, is making D harder for people to learn,
understand, and read.

--
Derek
(skype: derek.j.parnell)