What I do to easily switch between different DMD versions and libraries on Windows

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 06:54:18 PDT 2007

Henning Hasemann wrote:
> "Anders Bergh" <anders1 at gmail.com> schrieb (Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:45:30
> +0200):
>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/FileAndDisk/Junction.mspx
>> This tool lets you create directory symlinks (NTFS junctions).
>
> Cool I didnt know Windows has "already" something that comes close to
> "real" symlinks.
>
> Henning

They aren't.  You need to be very careful with junctions.  Firstly, if
you delete a junction directly, you will delete the original folder as
well!  To make this worse, there is no way to tell from explorer if a
folder is a junction or not.

Anders' trick is still cool, but just be very careful with it.  MS
didn't write a tool to create junctions for a very good reason :)

	-- Daniel